§4000.1 (d) Subdivision (a) does not apply to a transfer of
ownership and registration under any of the following circumstances:
(1) In any district in which biennial certification is required
and a valid certificate was issued in connection with the most recent
renewal of registration of the vehicle, and the transfer occurred
not more than 60 days following the date by which that renewal of
registration was required.
(2) The transferor is either the parent, grandparent, child,
grandchild, sibling, or spouse of the transferee.
(3) A vehicle registered to a sole proprietorship is transferred
to the proprietor as owner.
(4) The transfer is between companies whose principal business is
leasing vehicles, if there is no change in the lessee or operator of
the vehicle or between the lessor and the person who has been, for at
least one year, the lessee's operator of the vehicle.
(5) The transfer is between the lessor and lessee of the vehicle,
if there is no change in the lessee or operator of the vehicle.
(6) The vehicle was manufactured prior to the 1966 model-year.
Utilize Box B
of Compliance Exemption)
of the DMV Form called
STATEMENT OF FACTS.
This family member loophole only works on the transfer smog.
Please do not abuse this loophole.
If too many citizens abuse
this loophole than
the Legislature might authorize the DMV to
counter-top DNA analysis, and the DMV would finally be
getting what they have always wanted, your blood as
well as your money.
Do not abuse this one....OK Granpa.....
Go back to http://members.tripod.com/~skrewdmv/
Mailme at mofo@ThePentagon.com
Thanks for visiting this site and I hope
to see you in line at the DMV.
Just look for the only guy with
a big smile on his face!